Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tick tock, tick tock


Such a lull right now in my sports world.  Sure, three of my teams are in season, a fourth opens their season tomorrow and a fifth should be making huge headlines by the end of this week.  But for now, just a lull.

5-1 coming out of your bye, damn our Jets are in a great position.  I initially had tickets, but now don't have, but had a chance to go but in the end will probably not be at the Meadowlands Sunday afternoon when the Jets come back home and take on the potentially dangerous but underachieving Green Bay Packers.  Most likely I'll be in one of three places watching the game: my apartment, my parents house, a bar in town if Ch 5 is still blacked out.  A bit early in the week to put a prediction down on paper, but being a true Jets fan; you know they're going to win.

As mentioned in the previous post, the New York Red Bulls are the #1 seed in Eastern Conference and we recently just found out that we'll be going to San Jose to face the Earthquakes at 10 PM on Saturday evening before returning home to Red Bull Arena on November 4th for the second leg.  10 PM start on Saturday night, hmm?  A trip to Nevada Smiths might be in the works.

Then there are the f&cking New Jersey Devils.  This team is seriously starting to piss me off and worry the sh*t out of me at the same time.  I knew coming into the season there were going to be some bumps because of a new coach, a new $100 million man, few new defensemen, etc.  But not this.  2-6-1, worst win percentage in the league.  Averaging about 1.6 goals a game?!?!?!  Disgraceful.  And I think that's what's annoying me the most.  I can understand if we're giving up a lot of goals and playing about .500 for the season.  At least for the first part of the year, I can get that.  But just not scoring at all, that sucks and is bewildering.  I don't need to get into the amount of firepower we have, it's known.  Just get it done before this season is over and I'm left pissed off until next Labor Day.

Well then, lets hope for some sort positive vibe come from the Prudential Center in the next couple of days thanks to the New Jersey Nets!  Yup, that's right.  The Nets are opening up their season tomorrow night against the Detroit Pistons (I'll be there) and they can only go up from last season, right?  After winning only 12 games last year, I am being demanding and yelling for at least a 100% improvement.  That's right, I'll be satisfied with 24 wins.  Ain't that a hoot?

Last week was a three way great week for me with baseball.  1) The Mets didn't lose.  2) The Yankees are out.  3) The Phillies are out.  So from now until Spring Training, I don't care about any of the games that will take place.  I do care however about the GM the Mets may be announcing this week as well as the rest of the off-season and how this gentleman can turn the roster/organization back to a winning mold.  Time will tell, questions will be raised, frustration will probably grow a bit more.  But hey, they didn't lose last week.

Devils and Nets are in action tomorrow, Red Bulls on Saturday, Jets on Sunday and somewhere in the middle, the Mets will talk.  Let it happen soon.

No comments: