Monday, October 4, 2010

And the Money Maker

This will be a section that I keep nice and simple and short.  Not only are the New York Red Bulls my local soccer team that I follow and support but they are also my employer.  For a matter of respect and company rules, I won't be doing to much talking about the team.  The occasions that I do speak about the club will all be factual information, nothing of my own opinion or speculation.

With that said, I can say that it is absolutely great to watch RBNY play in their brand new home, Red Bull Arena.  After many, and unfortunately unsuccessful, seasons at Giants Stadium, the club moved into RBA this past March and neither the team nor building have disappointed.  The Red Bulls are currently in first place in the Eastern Conference and just clinched their 2010 playoff berth with a victory this past weekend over Kansas City.  In the short few months that Red Bull Arena has been open, some of the largest teams in the world have made their way through these doors.  Santos FC, Juventus, Manchester City, Tottenham, Turkey National Team and Czech Republic National Team... not to mention almost all of the MLS teams as well.

The playoffs are fast approaching and the way things have been playing out over the last few weeks, a trip to the MLS Cup might very well have to come through Red Bull Arena.

No comments: