Friday, November 5, 2010

Long Week

Apologies for the lack of posts this week, it's been a long one with work and training (check it out - Tough Mudder) and I basically just haven't had an opportunity to get on.

As per the usual this season, it's been extremely troubling to watch or follow my Devils.  As many a good people I know would say, "they give me grief".  It's still a complete shock as to why they are off to such a bad start as they are.  When the season began, there weren't any crippling injuries or concerns on the surface that would force people to question their ability.  But, ya start off with three loses and then pile on the injuries and next thing you know, you're wrapping up a six game road trip and staring at an overall record of 4-9-1.  For a team that is so sound, and so deep, and historically good, the record should easily read 9-4-1.  Who knows, maybe the turn around will come now.  They did finish off the trip with a pretty complete 5-3 victory in Chicago.  They play their best friends, the New York Rangers, tonight back at the Rock.  Win and the grass may be getting a bit greener.  Lose and I may be getting a bit greener.

Ahhhh, I don't even want to get into what happened last week during the Jets game.  It was putrid to watch.  And I think the reason it was such is because for almost the entire game the Jets were only one possession down, that's how amazingly great the defense played.  But the offense, for the second and arguable the third game in row, was trash and did not show up.  Sanchez has taken major steps back from Weeks 2-4 and all of the wide receivers seemed as if they were still on their Bye Week, except for Braylon Edwards.  Weird, I know.

I am excited about the slow-moving movements of the Mets.  Slow and methodical are the ways this organization will turn themselves around and I'm cool with that.

No comments: