Friday, November 19, 2010

How Much Longer?


Look, I'm almost as big of a Devils fan as you're going to find and I'm also a huge fan of John MacLean.  I remember #15 from what I first start watching hockey and formed my bond with the New Jersey team.  He was the man that I wanted in charge of this club this past summer.  Very excited with Lou when he made the decision to make the next Devils coach an in house member, a person who paid his dues as a player and as a minor league coach.

Although I'm a fan, I'm a realist.  MacLean's time has run out.  He must be fired and somebody (at this point, anybody) else must get on board and try to right the ship. The team can't win.  They can't score.  Can't stop the other team from scoring. Not playing Devils hockey.

It will be a painful thing for Lou to do, and for the lifelong fans to go through.  For him to pull the trigger and fire the man he put in place only five months ago, but it has to be done.  Although many outsiders probably think it, the season is not yet over.  They haven't quite yet played a quarter of the season, so it can be turned around.  But, not with this coach, not now.

#15 will always be in our Devil hearts and Devil minds.  Heck, he scored the overtime goal to get the Devils into the franchise's first ever playoff appearance.  For a long time he held the record for most points as a Devil.  But he unfortunately will also go down as one of the most unsuccessful Devil coaches.

Do it Lou.  Pull it.

No comments: