Monday, November 29, 2010

Almost Typical

As much promise the Nets show you one night, it's as much head scratchingness they show you the following.  Look, I know, I get it.  The team was not going to be, and will not be, a playoff team this season.  I knew that coming into the season.  All I asked for was to play hard and competitive each night and continue to get better.  Grow the kids.  Show some emotion and excitement.

And for the most part, they've done that.  The record isn't the prettiest in the league, 6-11, but that is half the amount of wins from all of last season, and they haven't played a quarter of the season yet.

But damn.  Brook Lopez.  Not the stud night in, night out that you should be.  There is no question or doubt that you are a 20-10 guy for this team and yet you sometimes, most of the time, struggle to be a 15-7 man.  Devin Harris.  Too inconsistent.  I don't admit to watching all the games, or even some of all the games, but I watch every now and then.  Why, to me, does it seem as if Jordan Farmar is playing more than you?  You're our All-Star.  Act it.  Terrence Williams.  D-League?!?!?!?!  Really dude? You're that immature and dumb that you need to get shipped to the middle of the country to play?  Can't get any sloppy minutes with the big club?

Ah there's a lot more to ramble on now.  But I'm hungry and don't want to lose my appetite.

No comments: