Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Barely Holding On

I'm barely, but somehow, holding on while the Devils are barely breathing.  I'm putting a bit of personal faith into tonight's contest vs Phoenix.  I'm not sure why.  Nothing I've read or heard about has changed my overall outlook of this team, but for some reason, this evening, I'm feeling faithful.  Losing five in a row is tough.  No doubt.  It needs to end there.  I truly feel it can not be extended past five straight loses.

Now, should I put the game on and we're trailing by more than a goal in the first period, that channel will be changed and not put back on the rest of the night.  Even if I catch wind that we're winning, or tied for that matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Brian Rolston was placed on waivers yesterday... so what?  He passed through and no body took him.  All that means is nothing.  He's still on our roster.  Still has a chunk of money going against our salary cap.  Still frustrating the hell out of the fans.  Maybe he can go to the minors, but probably not since his salary will still count against the cap.  So really, the only news the Devils made in the last couples of days has been nothing.

No comments: