Monday, January 10, 2011

Well that was nice

I know I said a few weeks ago that I was pretty much done with attending, and almost overall watching, the Devils this season.  Worst team in the league, worst scoring team in the league, almost totally done with the playoffs.  Yet, yesterday afternoon saw me at The Rock for the afternoon matinee against the Tampa Bay Lightening.  And still, even though I also said I wouldn't spend any more money over there, I found myself dropping some plastic on a beer and soda.  I felt good, what could I say.

Then, less than two minutes into the game, it happened.  Tampa scores on a cheap rebound goal and just like that, all my good vibes went out the window.  I laughed.  It was so pathetic and bad that all I could do was laugh.  And remind myself to not buy a second beer.

Going into the start of the third period, down 2-1, I figured this would be another 'close game' but we still just score one goal and the mukiness continues.  But, somewhat quickly, I noticed there was a difference on the ice.  The Devils were flying.  They were quick.  They were winning the battles in the corners.  They were blocking shots and clearing the puck.  They were creating.  They were scoring.  Five goals in the final period and a 6-3 victory at the end of the day.

It's waaaaay to late to have post-season dreams.  But, to be personal and selfish, it was good to see the first win of the season.

No comments: